By Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Broadens the research of canonical texts and creative occasions by means of exhibiting their cultural and international parallels
- Examines a couple of simultaneous creative, literary, and political endeavours together with these of Yeats, Pound, Joyce, Du Bois and Stravinsky
- Explores Pound's Personae subsequent to Apollinaire's Alcools and Rilke's Spanish Trilogy, Edith Wharton's The customized of the Country subsequent to Proust's Swann's Way
Read Online or Download 1913: The Cradle of Modernism PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
In Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of group, first released in 2001, Jessica Berman argues that the fiction of Henry James, Marcel Proust, Virginia Woolf and Gertrude Stein engages at once with early twentieth-century differences of group and cosmopolitanism. even if those modernist writers advance appreciably varied types for social association, their writings go back repeatedly to problems with commonality, shared voice, and alternate of expertise, rather on the subject of dominant discourses of gender and nationality.
Targeting paintings produced among 1880 and 1945, Literary examine and British Modernism: innovations and resources presents students with the mandatory tools and instruments for learning the literature of this era. This reference consultant will facilitate study into the works of such significant modernist writers as James Joyce, T.
Mark Goble revisits the aesthetics of modernism within the early 20th century, whilst new modes of verbal exchange made the adventure of expertise an party for profound experimentation and mirrored image. Goble exhibits how the assimilation of such "old" media applied sciences because the telegraph, cell, and phonograph encouraged fantasies of connection that trained a dedication to the materiality of creative mediums.
Usual concerns is the 1st significant interdisciplinary research of the standard in modernist women's literature and images. It examines how girls photographers and writers together with Helen Levitt, Lee Miller, Virginia Woolf and Dorothy Richardson envision the field of normal lifestyles in mild of the social and cultural ameliorations of the interval that formed and sometimes extensively re-shaped it: for instance, urbanism, instrumentalism, the nice melancholy and battle.
- Modernism, Daily Time and Everyday Life
- The Cambridge Companion to Modernist Culture (Cambridge Companions to Culture)
- Wide Awake in Slumberland: Fantasy, Mass Culture, and Modernism in the Art of Winsor McCay (Great Comics Artists Series)
- The Oxford Critical and Cultural History of Modernist Magazines: Volume I: Britain and Ireland 1880-1955 (Oxford Critical Cultural History of Modernist Magazines)
Extra info for 1913: The Cradle of Modernism